MJ and Ale’s pizza-base recipe: real Italian pizza from real Italians.
1kg plain flour
30g extra vrgin olive oil
4g dried yeast
- Put water in the bowl, add yeast and mix. Add oil, mix.
- Add all the flour and mix until almost all the water is absorbed then add the salt and knead until fairly smooth.
- Let the dough rest for half an hour then do 3 cycles of slap & folds until you see a smooth surface that doesn’t easily tear.
- Rest for a couple of hours then make 8 dough balls.
- Rest for another 4 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven at max temperature and leave it on for at least 45 mins before cooking pizzas.
- Stretch making sure not to press on the perimeter of the circle which will create the nice “cornicione”
- Add toppings and put in the oven for a few minutes